Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

is anyone else completely turned off by popular/mainstream shit

Hunter

Hunter

Banned
-
like for example if i see a video on jewtube with over 50m views i refuse to watch it. i also go out of my way to steer away from mainstream vidya like cod and i listen to VERY underground music.

Youtube became cancer with all these vine stars turned-rappers and clickbait bullshit.

Mumble rap also fucked up music tbh

Youtube suck's now that it's people's job. They always have super long intro's,endless sucking up to the viewer,"give away's", and then of course the "if you could PLEASE donate to my patreon it would really help me bring you the content you love, thanks SO MUCH guy's, PEACE OUT!!!" and all they do is sit infront of a webcam and talk. Reviewtechusa come's to mind.

Incelibate anarchist said:
Youtube suck's now that it's people's job.
true

but if you know what to look for you still can find amazing stuff

yes, normies have ruined everything. from gaming to anime.

Not in that way, I mean I generally hate popular shit because normies like such boring stuff but if I find something I like that happens to be popular I'm not gonna cut off my enjoyment completely. I need some happiness or release in this world, and by letting something's popularity ruin it you are letting the normies succeed in hurting you.

Yeah, but it kinds me sound like a Hipster, or something like that, and I don't like Hipsters lol. I generally despise seeing minimalists or rather others (including myself) as above other people, i.e. Dunnings-Kruger effect, which a lot of these Hipsters have also in-conjunction with cognitive dissonance.

However, they're some mainsteam stuff I like, i.e. Lady Gaga, so it looks like I'm no better than anyone else :).

I'm not automatically turned off, it's more that it's been supplanted with essentially everything in history that I can watch on my fingertips now. I'm the type of autist that can happily watch 80s sports all day.

yeah i used to be a total hipster neckbeard, but after a while i realized i had been doing nothing but alienating myself because no body really gives a fuck what you like or dont like, especially when you don't have any semblance of a social life.

I agree with the YouTube garbage

But I'll watch a popular show or listen to a popular band if it's good.

I can't make myself not like something just because it's huge, nor can I like something just because it's obscure.

some things are popular because they are easy. like lil pump. it's effortless (on our part). But things can be popular because they're good. Like the last Jay Z album.
I think you're afraid to like things that other people do. Nobody is gonna judge you/think any less of you

I always hate that popular shit. Sometimes when I have to suffer being near cunts listening to degenerate hip-hop and normie crap, I have an intense urge to brutally stab the fuckers to death with a knife.

I also avoid YouTube videos containing Vevos (with millions of views) or whatever that shit is called.